Im still here! Whats up with me and new milk paint colors!!!
Oh WOW, I just keep getting the award for worst blogger ever over and over, im just so good at disappearing!! If your with me on Facebook, then you know im still around. I sometimes even post on Instagram, but Facebook is my jam – its just so easy to stay connected on there :)
So whats up with me you ask?!
1. Well, my husband is deployed again for the 3rd time. Hes somewhere in the middle east right now for a year deployment with the Army. He left in May and will be home sometime in April of next year. We’ve been through these before, so while they are tough and i of course miss my husband, im pretty independent and i definitely keep myself busy. Time goes pretty quick when im busy with the house, the kids and my business so i got this :)
2. I bought myself a building!! Its close to home, it is a decent amount of space, it was cheap and ive finally got all my stuff out of my house – so excited!! The building is almost 100 years old and i gave it a little remodel – i will for sure do a blog post and share all the pics. Its not a retail space, just a workshop for my painting and then we package and ship our paint from there as well. Its awesome and came at the most perfect time – i was getting anxiety with my business taking over every room in our house!
3. I’ve introduced several new colors to our Sweet Pickins Milk Paint line! I don’t even know the last time that i talked about milk paint on this blog, so i will just post them all for ya. We are working on more colors too! Our little line is growing and growing – i believe we are in over 60 retail locations now, how exciting! Check here to see if there is a retailer near you, if not we ship every day from our online store.
4. I’ve done so much around the house this last year. I’m really going to stick to this blogging thing this time and start getting it all posted! And of course while the husband is away, ive got tons of projects on the list. In fact, i will be building me a new dining table this weekend – cant wait for that!
5. I have redesigned and introduced new packaging for our milk paint line. The paints now come in samples, pints and quarts. We have introduced new products and in fact are getting ready to release a new line of waxes. I will do a separate blog posts with the new additions.
So that’s a basic rundown of whats up with me. I hope this blog still reaches people and you are all still here! I promise to start posting again!! I have to say – that having my work space away from home makes my nights and weekends less stressful and i have more free time – so im going to take advantage of it and get back to the things i like :)
New Sweet Pickins Milk Paint Colors! These can all be found in our online shop and are available in samples, pints and quarts!
Our latest color is Patina – this is definitely a favorite of mine, i love this vintagey blue/green!
Zinc – a pretty charcoal gray. Working on a desk right now in this color – i love it!! With a little white dry brushing, it looks just like real Zinc.
Galvanized – another gray, but this is a true light gray. Ive done some fun things with this color!
Another of my favorites! I love this peachy pink color – so vintagey!
Tickled Pink – perfect light blushy pink!
Pantry Door – i came up with this color because i love vintage greens, this is close to my old door coffee table color and of course the color of my pantry door!
Love Bug – perfect mellow yellow…i got a cute yellow love bug this last year and this color is almost the exact same!
Bleu Bohemia – the people asked for a bright turquoise and thats what the peoples got!
One of my favorites, especially with dark wax is Moody Blue.
Purple Posies – im not a huge purple fan, but i do love this soft lavender color.
And last but definitely not least, is Sweetie Jane. Sweetie Jane is by far our most popular color – its a color, but its still soft and neutral – its perfect!
Those are the last 11 colors that we have introduced and of course we still have the original 20 with more to come! Below is a complete color chart of all 31 colors so far.
It was good “talking” with you all again! I will be back soon!