A water-based, non-toxic finish for use over Milk Paint to protect against stains, dirt, and abrasion.
Use over milk paint or stained/raw wood for a durable and abrasion resistant finish. Our Top Coat Finish Finish is one of the highest quality, low toxicity water based finishes on the market and is a great alternative to solvent based products. Can be used on cabinets, floors, doors, toys, etc.
**Top Coat Final Finish will NOT even out the mottled, streaky appearance that milk paint is known for or change/deepen the color (for that, use an oil based finish such as our Oil Wax). This product will seal the milk paint but keep the exact look of raw paint.**
– Provides a nice finished satin sheen to milk painted projects and raw/stained wood.
– Pint covers 44 sq ft, quart covers 88 sq ft and gallon covers 352 sq ft approx.
– Increases washability.
– Keep from freezing.
– Do not apply below 55˚ F or in humid conditions.
– Test before using over a large surface of a dark paint. Product may dry slightly white/cloudy if applied to thick or in a humid environment.
– Water clean up.
– Interior use only.
– Formulated without formaldehyde preservatives, toxic mildewcides or fungicides.
– Can be used over chippy milk paint if applied in thin coats. A light sand after the 1st coat has dried may be necessary if any of the paint has raised before proceeding with a 2nd coat.
**Note: may not protect against certain kitchen oils.**